Friday, September 23, 2011

What's in a name...

The Argyle Apple sums up my life in more ways than I ever thought possible when I first thought of the name. I am going to be a teacher soon (I will be graduating from college in May!) and what is the iconic teacher symbol? The apple, of course. No classroom would be complete without one. Ironically, apples have also been my favorite fruit for as long as I can remember.

Speaking of food, one of my greatest passions happen to be just that. I have always loved eating, cooking, baking, experimenting and creating with food from the time that I was a little girl. In fact, I wrote my first cookbook back when I was only 5 or 6 years old, complete with ingredient lists and illustrations.  Maybe someday I’ll write another one and actually get it published…

There are few things in this world as wonderful as argyle. I was first introduced to this diamantine pattern during my second year of college. I had a friend who loved argyle socks, and wore them on a regular basis. Shorty after, I went to Target (one of the best places to find them by the way) and I bought my first pair. They were knee high and consisted of the most unusual assortment of colors: teal, tan, and something I like to call papaya. They also had gold glitter thread running up and down in that well known pattern. I still wear them on occasion, even though my argyle sock collection has greatly increased since back then. 

And that is mostly why the Argyle Apple was my resting place for my blog name. Ironically, the idea was not as original as I first though, however. I found out this morning that in Australia there is an argyle apple tree. I really hope to own one someday, since they apparently can be converted to houseplants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment